LedBackToLove

Ledbacktolove was the name I gave my first tumblr blog I started in 2011 to document my pregnancy with Kent. This was during a challenging time when I was struggling with my relationship with my parents, finishing my senior year of college, and trying to prepare for being a new mother.  Being led back to love was my quest to somehow find solace during adverse times, which I knew was through the love of Christ.



Flash forward 3 years later and the ebbs and flows of life still catch me in places, situations, and feelings that are uncomfortable and undesirable. This will never change, but you learn to maintain. Being led by love remains my goal. The words I speak, the decisions I make, I strive to always do so in love and in truth.

With the first LedBackToLove, I found myself within a supportive community of mothers, expecting mothers, a few fathers, but ultimately those who shared in the experience of the birth of a child. My hope for LedbackToLove "Again" is to reach even more (and to be reached) with a wider focus, sharing my account as a 20-something, early career mother and fiancee.




My favorite part of the afternoons is when I pick up Kent from daycare. Most days if he isn't too enthralled by a toy (usually some type of automobile or legos), he will run into my arms, yelling "MOMMYYYY!" Very few things beat that feeling.

Today we took advantage of the post-rain wash up to play in some puddles. At times I found myself enjoying it more than he was. To be a kid again. Kent can thank whomever placed a yellow, 10-inch rubber snake in the bushes for our play time getting cut short. I. Do. Not. Do. Snakes.

Crochet Beanie: GapKids
Camo Crew Sweatshirt: Garanimals, by Walmart
Jeans: GapKids
Boots: Hunter Kids




We haven't been able to enjoy the rain much lately. It's usually seen as a hindrance to outside play. But the weather was kind enough to pause for an hour or so in order for us to, if nothing more, get out of the house and get some fresh air. If it's one thing you'll quickly learn about me it's that I hate being cooped up in the house, which is always an excuse to find a new adventure. There's so much to see and do, even if it's just in your backyard, like we did here. (Plus, 'tis the season for Fall's beautiful scenery that make great natural photo ops.)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram: @thekentologist

Popular Posts