The Pretty Bull (Guest Writer Review) - The Kentologist

Happy Monday, folks! We have something new for you today on the Kentologist. I'd like you guys to meet my friend, Lynette. She's an awesome wife, mommy, cook, and certified lactation counselor. But what I like most about her is that she's a true New Yorker and keeps it real at all times. I've asked Lynette to do product reviews, because another thing about her is that she's a professional shopper (and couponer) so she knows the value of a dollar well-spent.

Here's her review on the minimalist, handmade jewelry makers from The Pretty Bull:




Here's the thing, I love Pretty Bull items but I'm not sure they love me back. I may be in an abusive relationship, I'm not sure. I just know I'm happy. I think. Allow me to elaborate.

My experience began on instagram. I found their page (@theprettybull) as I searched for black owned businesses to support for Black Friday. All their pictures were of beautiful, fashion forward, natural beauties with cute accessories. I checked out the prices, they were low, and I was sold! My first order was a faux septum and a midi ring I believe. Checkout was smooth, my package arrived within the week, and I was very pleased with my items. 

Le Septum

The first day I wore my faux septum, I felt like a new woman. I was now one of those cool girls you see on instagram with the flawless makeup, banging hair and a super sexy septum....minus the flawless makeup and banging hair (my hair was just aight that day and my makeup is almost never on fleek). By the end of the day, however, I had removed my septum and noticed that it has turned colors. Not that weird green fake jewelry usually turns but a dark brown kind of color. It was strange and saddening. 



I contacted Pretty Bull and I got a response immediately. A nice woman named Talibah offered me a replacement as well as a way to avoid that happening again. When I received my replacement package, she had also packed in a nice little extra. Unfortunately, the color change happened again. Not quite as fast as the first time, and definitely not as noticeable, but still disappointing. 

Le Midis

Onto the rings. They are just great. Not only because they are very fashion forward but because they fit! As someone with a size 10 finger, I can never just buy rings as they are. These rings are adjustable so a fat fingered girl like myself can enjoy them along with the slim fingered lot. I love to stack them on multiple fingers. It gives my look a bit of pop without looking heavy. The only negative is that they get caught in my hair and onto my clothing if it is knit. One of my rings got caught on a shirt I was wearing a couple of weeks ago. I thought I had lost it for a few hours until I got home and got undressed...oops! That's still not a big deal for me but when I wear the rings I try to make sure that I am paying close attention.

So I guess this review is a bit mixed but such are my feels! I love the jewelry at Pretty Bull and I plan on placing another order in the next week, even though I noticed the price has jumped about $3! I see you Talibah!


-Lynette Thompson @melaninrichgrhelinfreenetty








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram: @thekentologist

Popular Posts