Wild Trio - The Kentologist

Small brand features are back! And I couldn't wait to share this one with you guys. Their name is Wild Trio and their bold and stylish pieces for the little ones speak for themselves:




Not only does Margaret, owner of Wild Trio, make some pretty cute clothing, but she has a special tie to the work that she does. She takes pride in what she does and works hard at it because she wasn't always so fortunate. That's a great reminder for us all.

I'm happy to share Margaret's story with you!

Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Margaret. I'm 28 years old and currently living in California. I am a mother of two; my son Jarrett (6yrs old) & Rhea (3yrs old).  We are the TRIO behind WILD TRIO. Before Wild Trio happened, I was a licensed Cosmetologist during my "teen" years. I always loved creating anything that was different and was always interested in doing dos or makeup for fashion shows. I also worked at the bank, retail and at a blood center. I was also once homeless, which was then, one of the darkest moments in life. Now looking back, I see it as my light. Going through what I did had changed me and made me stronger as a person. I view things differently now. Taking it one step at a time.


What inspired Wild Trio?
My mother. Growing up, my family wasn't as fortunate. We had little to nothing at times and so my mom handmade all of our clothes for us back then.  She would cut and sew our clothes by hand, with no patterns. Amazing right? I guess that's where I get my creativity from. I also started Wild Trio for my kids. To make them proud and make a better living so I can be able to provide for them. To show them that the mistakes in life do not define who you are as a person or should stop you from accomplishing another goal. That you can do whatever you want, if you set your mind to it and not let negative comments around you stop you from chasing after your dreams.  



What challenges have you faced since you started? 
I would have to say in the beginning it was TIME. I had a crazy full time schedule job, while trying to run Wild Trio on my own and be mother to my children. Having this small business has its ups and downs! Your sewing machine isn't working properly or you run out of materials! I get overwhelmed at times but I need to remind myself to just breathe!!! It was difficult to balance it all, with mostly 3 hrs of sleep each day.  That's how bad I want to make this dream a reality. I see it as, the more I try and give it my all, the closer I am in accomplishing it.  

What's been the most rewarding experience with Wild Trio?
I would say getting to know all the amazing people through Instagram!
I've met (through Instagram) some awesome moms and shop moms here! They've been so supportive and sweet! I cannot thank them enough. To be honest, I really don't care anymore if I'm going to, one day, make it "big"or not. It would be nice if I do. If I don't, I don't. The fact that I am able to have the few great supporters who supports me and my work, to me that's a success already. 

What's been your favorite design?
I would say my trapper hats because it's complicated and a pain to make. I say that because I made it up myself so it was challenging to try and perfect it. You can say this was one of those pray, cut and sew items. Lol if you fail to make something, don't give up, try again! 


What advice would you give someone starting up their own business?
To always think positive and not give up! Just start with what you have and go from there. If something goes wrong, try again. Keep trying. Things will slowly fall into place. Most importantly, ignore all the negative comments that you might get from people and keep going. Don't get discouraged if nobody sees your dream the way you see it because it's not for them, the dream is yours.

Share a fun fact. 
Oh gosh, there's a lot of embarrassing stories that I have! Lol but here is one that happened at my old job. Please note; I'm afraid of cats!
I was the last person in my department to leave work. I started walking towards the parking lot and I froze up. There it was a cat right next to my car! I thought to my myself "you've got to be kidding me" as I hit the panic button for the car and the cat didn't even flinch and just stared at me with the "what are you going to do lady". Yes that damn cat was right, I didn't know what to do. There's nobody around and I was the last one to leave. Luckily, there was a couple of guys who worked graveyard in the other department. I started to walk back into my work place "pretending" I forgot something. I was walking back and forth while thinking "oh gosh what am I going to do, this is embarassing" then I decided to just be brave and ask. Yes I had walked over and asked one of the guys in the other department to walk me out because there's a cat next to my car.
Well because I was embarrassed and soft spoken, they jumped up and was ready to fight because they had thought I said a guy was next to my car (we had random people breaking into our gated parking lot trying to steal).
I turned so red when I had to correct them and told them "No, not a guy. It's a cat." 


Stay in touch with Wild Trio:

wildtrio.com 

Instagram: @wildtrio


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram: @thekentologist

Popular Posts