The Faces Behind Ozzie + Olive - The Kentologist

Welcome to my second installment of the small business features! I enjoy these because not only does it allow readers to explore the same brands that I love and are Kent-approved, but you also get to learn more about the faces behind these business and see what makes them GO!

ozzie olive


This week, I caught up with Kathryn, owner of Ozzie+Olive. O+O offers fashionable tees for the entire family as well as original, one-of-a-kind harems.  Kathryn is as sweet as they come and provides great service to her customers (let me not forget to mention the obvious: she is also drop-dead gorgeous!)  Please enjoy 10% off your purchase of the 'Please & Thank You' tees TODAY ONLY, that expires at midnight PST. Use code: THANKYOU10


ozzie olive


1. What inspired Ozzie+Olive? 
Definitely my son is at the root of all inspiration. He's such a cool kid! I want him to dress in a way that matches his personality. And it definitely does!

2. When did you launch? 
I believe it was Feb/March of this year, so still pretty recent. Things just kinda happened over night, it wasn't really in the plans but I'm definitely excited about where we are going and how fast we are growing! 

3. What challenges have you faced since?
LoL, believe it or not the biggest challenge was figuring out shipping! I was new to this, and knew nothing about PayPal, so in the beginning I was making trips inside the post office on a regular! They knew me & my son on a first name basis. Haha. Thank goodness those days are over! Once I figured out shipping through PayPal was an option... ugghh! made my life soo much easier! 

4. What's your favorite Ozzie+Olive piece? 
Hands down the CamoCargos! They are AMAZING! Every time I make a pair in my sons size its so hard for me to sell them =/ so I hate making his size lol. They are so hard for me to part with. Definitely our go-to item in our closet!
ozzie olive


5. What is your profession outside of O+O? (Or before, if you're now full time with O+O)
Well, my degree is in business, but being a licensed beautician, full-time mommy and running O+O consume my days. & I'm a Pisces so its fair to say my mind is always roaming! In between time - you can find me brainstorming new ventures & discussing business opportunities with people alike! I think that is my actual talent hahahaha. I'm always on the go!

6. How do you manage being a mom and running a business? 
Umm... Being a mom, definitely comes first, which is the drive behind everything I do, especially O+O. Balance is where I find my sanity! Its definitely trying at times, when people forget that I am a mother first and that my child will never take a backseat to some of the unrealistic expectations that I receive from O+O. I do my best to do it all! That's all I can say about that. hahaha

7. As a mother, what values are most important to you to instill? 
Morals and Manners are most important in our home. It bothers me when people fail to recognize their part in their child's behavior. He copies everything I do/say and everything he sees/hears, so I try to lead by example and filter what and who he comes in contact with because he's only a 3; a sponge; & soaks up EVERYTHING!


ozzie oliveozzie olive


8. Favorite Holiday (Thanksgiving or Christmas) tradition? 
This will be our first Christmas actually getting a tree and decorating our home. He's now at the age where he is looking forward to it and reminds me everyday that he can't wait to hang ornaments on our Christmas tree! We're so excited!  

9. Share a fun fact.
Sooo. I've met quite a few celebrities/ Music Artist and they are just regular people like you and I. BUT then earlier this year I had the pleasure of FINALLY seeing Anthony Hamilton perform at a jazz festival, and afterwards ....I met him!!! I think I was star struck for the first time ever in life! If I have enough money (wishful thinking!) when I get married, I would seriously hire him to sing at my wedding! :) & although he probably wouldn't remember who I am! I just love him lol. & outside of his voice, the best part about him is he's such a humble person. (one day I hope to see his little boys dressed in O+O hehe)
ozzie olive


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram: @thekentologist

Popular Posts